Maintaining your Synthetic Grass Surface improves its consistency of playing quality and ensures increased life-span.
Every synthetic grass surface will need maintenance to allow it to perform to its optimum in terms of longevity, playability, and aesthetics. Regular maintenance will discourage and manage the potential need for expensive rectification works.
Without maintenance your artificial surface will develop:
- Moss, algae or weed growth
- Hardness and/or slipperiness
- Drain less effectively, restricting availability for use during unsuitable weather
- Limit the surface playability along with the effective life of the surface
- Become unsightly and detract from the value of the property
This article sets out the basic housekeeping requirements for your tennis / multisport / lawn surface. The use of the following information is intended to assist in the enjoyment of the facility whilst helping to maximise its life and performance.
Above: A professional turf groom can make a major difference to a turfs appearance and usability.
- Keep the surface clean
- Keep heavy machinery and loads off the surface (especially
- Sweep the surface to clean debris, leaves, stones, food material
etc on a weekly basis
- Any minor repairs should be attended to as soon as possible
- If any damage occurs or if technical advice is needed please do
not hesitate to contact us.
Your all-weather surface represents a substantial investment. Taking the time to ensure that whoever is given the task of looking after your facility is familiar with these recommendations is well worthwhile.
The following should not be allowed on your all-weather surface and a special sign near the gate should continually draw the attention of the users to these regulations:
- No food or drink
- No smoking or fireworks
- No dirty or muddy footwear
- No chewing gum
- No vehicles, except maintenance vehicles
Chemical Control of Moss / Algae
To protect your surface from the germination of moss and algae we recommend regular maintenance grooms be carried out by a Numat maintenance specialist. In between these times regular spraying of the area should be carried out using Kemsol Moss-Kill (or similar product). Kemsol Moss-Kill will kill and prevent moss, mould, mildew, lichen, and algae growing on most surfaces, it is biodegradable and has low toxicity for plants and animals.
The main causes of moss/algae growth are damp and wet seasonal weather along with organic debris and atmospheric pollution build up in the sand filter of the grass. The key feature of a preventative spraying programme is:
- Regular inspection of the surface; particularly during
- The correct rates and application of any chemical used
- Frequency of application – 3 monthly if required
- Scrape excess moss or organic matter from the surface and
remove from site.
- Apply with a garden sprayer or boom sprayer at a minimum rate of at least 1:5 with fresh water for the initial application and 1:20 for subsequent applications, spray onto the surface and leave. For best results allow a contact time of at least 3 hours. Do not apply if rain is expected in 4-6 hours.
- Ongoing maintenance should be carried out every 3-4 months.
- Once treated a badly contaminated surface may require a second application within 3 weeks to ensure optimum results. This is a residual chemical and may take up to 3 months for results to be evident.
- Normal contaminated areas may take up to 2 months for results to be evident.
- Once the infestation is under control Kemsol Moss-Kill should be applied at least 3-4 times per year.
- All surfaces should be scraped free of any debris or organic matter prior to spray treatment. This will allow penetration of the chemical to the sand filter where the contaminant is growing.
- Failure to do so will result in only the surface matter being treated and rapid rejuvenation.
- Do not spray delicate plants, please read instructions before use!
Precautions for handling and use
- Read label before use
- Keep out of reach of children
- Wash hands and skin thoroughly after handling
- Do not eat, drink or smoke while using this product
- Wear protective gloves and safety glasses
- Do not breathe fumes, mist or spray
- Use in well-ventilated area
- Keep only in original container
- Do not mix with other chemicals
If swallowed, give 1-2 glasses of water or milk. Do NOT induce vomiting. If the chemical comes into contact with eyes rinse with water for 5 minutes. If symptoms persist seek medical attention.
Dispose of this product via an industrial waste collector
Store original container locked in a cool, dry and well-ventilated area.