Numat HerdHome® Shelter slat mats are designed to give cows a warmer, safer alternative to harsh concrete slats. They are free draining, anti-slip, and with our patented rubber peg fixing system, they’re easy to install and uninstall as needed.
10 Reasons to Consider Numat SlatMats for your HerdHome® Shelter
- Provides a soft laying surface which encourages cows to rest leading to increased milk production.
- A hygienic alternative to straw bedding which reduces bacteria exposure and Mastitis.
- Optimal softness combined with perfect sure footedness ensures cows are more relaxed.
- Mosaic grip surface reduces cow’s slippage and therefore decreases joint and hoof damage saving you time and money.
- Reduces the incidence of cow lameness.
- Strong, durable rubber protect grates against chipping when they are removed and stacked for cleaning.
- 36mm wide slat holes reduce the chance of smaller stock going down slat holes causing lesions and bruising.
- Rubber provides improved heat insulation making it warmer for your cows hence less feed and ultimate cow comfort.
- No need for straw! Cut bedding costs to zero and save capacity in your bunker that would otherwise be filled by waste straw.
- High-quality German-made product with 15 years of proven performance.